View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Icedog2735

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
hate to say it, but New Haven has seen its best days pass them by, Icedog, the Coliseum was abandoned, then imploded in favor of the Webster Bank Arena complex (Bridgeport Bluefish/Sound Tigers), and the Islanders chose Brooklyn because Nassau and its adjacent County of Suffolk failed to approve what had been deemed the Lighthouse project as a replacement for NCVMA.
I completely agree and don't have any issue with what you are saying. I'm a New Haven resident and am on the same page with you. I was just saying that IF a hockey team was going to be placed in the state of Connecticut then I think New Haven would serve as a better, more central location than Hartford. I think even with a state of the art arena in Hartford, the Whalers 2.0 would end up encountering the same issues that the first version did. Ultimately, I know it comes down to where there is an ownership willing to own a team but CT in general is behind a lot of cities/areas (Quebec, Seattle, Southern Ontario, on and on) in terms of the NHL giving them a team.