View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
based on the quality of each of their first few solo albums, 1971-1973 would have yielded a couple of outstanding Beatles albums, had they been able to stand being around eachother.
I don't doubt they would have made great albums at the beginning of the 70's, but I was thinking more like with The Rolling Stones longevity. There's only 2 years difference between The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, so if they never split up nor John and passed away, what would they have sounded like during the 80's? 90's?

They seemed to change their style as time progressed (Please Please Me compared to Sgt. Pepper's).. so would the emergence of Heavy Metal and Grunge/Alternative have impacted them?

I think it would with sales/charts to an extent.. they'd still be successful because of who they are.. but would they let the genre's somehow become incorporated with their style? Look at Revolution, my personal favourite by them, and the riff alone.. It's obviously been influenced by the emergence of Hard Rock.. or even Sgt. Pepper's, which was Psychedelic Rock. So while The Beatles may not directly start headbanging and moshing, you have to think that the sound would be incorporated SOMEHOW. Who knows though, they were musical geniuses, they could have made it work!!

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote