View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:17 AM
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Over the entire season he ranks 4th in ice-time but I didn't mean he's being used as the #3 defenceman. I meant his play has been 3rd best at worst of our defenceman
Flashy, man, Quincey has been awful with the exception of 2 or 3 games. I can't say for certain, but he's probably getting so much ice time to show management once and for all he's not worth the money or roster spot.

As far as his plus/minus, there are certain players with whom that stat is not indicative of their play... he is most definitely one of them. He's a team best +6, but has 0 points in 13 games, regularly plays sheltered minutes against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines, yet still has almost 2 goals against per 60 minutes (3rd worst behind Kronwall and Lashoff)...

... whereas Lashoff is second worst at -4, yet plays with Kronwall (who is the worst at -6) against other teams' top lines.

(Please note that I'm not saying Lashoff SHOULD be playing on the top-pairing, just making an example of "numbers")

Meh, I just don't see anything from Quincey that shows he needs to be kept. At all.