View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Icedog2735

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
No way would it benefit the NYI going to Connecticut nor would the name make much sense. The NYI are rebuilding through the draft and will sign free agents. Brooklyn gives them an opportunity that the Island could not provide. The Islanders have no excuses. The boro of Brooklyn is bigger than most cities in the country. NYC is the media capital of the world. I actually think that the Devils are more compromised by this move.

I miss the Hartford Whaler teams. I have always loved the colors, players, and the uniqueness of the situation (Conn. only professional sports team).
The latter being one of several reasons in todays world why I cant see a new NHL Team in that state.
Way too many teams in the league as we speak. Competition and talent has been watered down for years. No more expansion.
I agree. I was merely coming at it from the standpoint of the Islanders were without a home on Nassau and rather than adding an expansion team to the area along with the Islanders. I know it "worked" in the 80s and early 90s but that would be too many teams in such a small area for this day and age. Brooklyn and NYC as a whole are a much better fit for the Isles then CT. I just thought it would be an interesting option for the franchise if CT was to build a state-of-the-art, hockey-suitable arena, they may have considered coming here where they can at least keep some of their LI/NYC fan base.