View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:32 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You are just proving my point. It is ok to only judge Benn on his stats but when it comes to your boy........

Since when is it accepted logic that 38 pts for a d-man is better than 60 points for a center. That opinion is subjective at best and subject to many mitigating variables. Benn was stuck playing behind Ribeiro whereas Subban recieved all of the prime power play time due to injuries in Montreal. I wonder how many times Benn was a healthy scratch........?

I am not saying that Benn is better or vice versa but to come up with an absolute out of these stats is silly.
Benn > Subban. Only Habs fans would think otherwise (or maybe others who only watch the Eastern Conference).

A big physical centre who got 63 points in 71 games (pro-rated to 72 points in a season), as a 22 year old second-line centre, is more valuable than Subban.

Would I trade Subban for him - no, but that's because I'm aware that I have an attachment to Subban as a Habs fan.

Other than PKane, I think it's tough to argue for anyone other than Benn as the second best in that draft class.