View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
What good does trading Hodgy do us? It leaves us in a VERY similar situation to what we're in right now. Trading CoHo makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. For the deal for O'Reilly to make sense, we need to keep CoHo in place. The only reasonable explanation for trading CoHo for O'Reilly would be because we expect Grigorenko and Girgensons to be ready for #2/#3 C duty next year. Which is possible, but I think we're going to want to see them both develop a bit longer.

I think the better piece, as much as I wouldn't want to do it, would be Ennis.

And I'd be thrilled if they wanted a deal involving Ennis/McNabb for him. O'Reilly gives us a defensive presence with some offense penciled in. Grigs could be paired with more of a scoring group, and eventually have Girgensons perhaps move to a wing... And maybe that line could be joined by Armia.
What is the difference between Ennis and Hodgson? There isn't much. Ennis is the better defensive player, but Hodgson the VHS line is going well. Of course, it could be argued anyone could play with Vanek right now, but nobody else has had a chance.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote