Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Semin View Post
I'm not so sure. John Davidson is one of the best and most respected hockey minds in the league, and the choice to pick up Jokerit's GM to replace Howson has been lauded. The Jackets certainly seem like they have the right people in place to make their franchise competitive.
Exactly. John Davidson, Craig Patrick, and now Jarmo? I'm not taking anything for granted with Columbus long term. That's a crew that is going to be dedicated to building a winner. Jarmo (along with our Marshall Johnston) was responsible for building Ottawa up from an expansion team into a contender, Jarmo and JD built up the Blues, Patrick obviously the 90s Penguins. The Jackets may be a few seasons off but they have the front office staff in place to become legit.

Will be interesting to see which of the hockey minds emerges as the best in the division long term. For a while it was obviously JR considering his competition was McPhee, Waddell, Lawton/Feaster, Dudley/Keenan/Martin

now? JR, Jarmo, Tallon, Yzerman, McPhee. Only one of those I don't take overly seriously is McPhee and he's still not a terrible GM like most of that first list was.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote