View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
No one is arguing that the 2010 was under-talented or "not very good"; its just that guys that looked good on paper (Iginla, Niedermayer, Pronger) either weren't very effective overall (Iggy, in my books), or only played up to expectations in the playoff / medal round (Niedermayer and Pronger). Nieds and Pronger were, in particular, pretty poor in the round robin.
Just because they played poorly for a little bit doesn't mean you can fault them for winning the gold. We were arguing which team is better and I personally think it needs to be proven first and then can we have discussion. Right now, you can only hope your team is ready and better prepared/suited this time around because as you said, several of the veterans played poor.

It's possible its just fresh in my mind how many Canadians were dissing the last team. Ultimately its how you play the game that really matters. I can understand you want to improve, however what can't I can't understand is how some people want the Canadian national team to be the far away and best team and bring back the gold. Winning for all arguments made otherwise, is all that matters. We all know that Canada is going to get out of the round robin and pretty effectively. That's almost fact. At that point you can only hope that the team that was chosen is enough to get you gold. It's like NFL playoffs: all you can hope is to get in and anything that happens after that point is all up to how you perform, luck, and matchups.