View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
You don't realize that it's not about winning games, but protecting our players and make sure they keep playing the same game longterm, do you?

Guys here are repeatedly saying "I hope Gallagher never changes the way he plays.". Who the hell are you guys kidding. He'll become tamer and tamer as he gets abused, he'll have to change his game because he can't afford fighting agaisnt 6'2 215 pounds guys. Same thing for Prust who'll have to fight 25 times per season.
Having a goon play 2 minutes a night just to fight someone else's goon won't change anything.

Besides, it really -should- be about winning games. That's the whole point of a hockey team. The score is what matters, not paying a guy to doll out brain damage.

Kassian is terrible. I suspect those clamoring for him haven't ever watched him play. He would hurt the team when he's on the ice since he can hardly play, and I think 30 NHL teams agree with me, or else they would have picked him up for free.

There are 690 spots in the NHL, but Kassian isn't good enough to occupy one. Go figure.