Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Huh? What did I miss. I count:

36 Goals and 68 Points for Brock Nelson in 84 games as a freshman and Soph in NCAA

41 Goals and 78 Points for Anders Lee in 84 games in NCAA as a Fresh and Soph.

I know Lee played a season on USHL and was a year older, It still doesn't reverse or change the fact that Lee had more goals, assists, and points than Nelson in their first two years of college.

Comparing the two is kind of silly anyway since Lee is much bigger and Stronger and plays a Power forward role and Nelson, tho 6'4", is slight and plays more of a finesse game, albeit using his length and reach to his advantage.

My only point is that Lee should not be dismissed as an NHL possibility next season (if signed). I can name 100 NCAA players that came out of school at age 23 and went straight to the NHL, and not many of them had the stats and body-type of Lee.
I was basing most of my opinion on the fact that Nelson is a full 15 months younger than Lee, yet they both played their freshman season at the same time. Nelson's 20 year old season vs Lee's 20 year old season, Nelson outscored him by 3 points(4 goals) in 2 less games. If you want to go by sophomore seasons alone(even though again, Lee was 15 months older), Nelson outproduced him by a good amount as well.

I understand that Lee brings a different element to the game, but as far as upside goes they are just on two different levels.