View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
1. False. Having an EFFECTIVE enforcer out there keeps the opposition in check. They have it in the back of their minds, and I guaranty guys like McLaren and Kostka wouldn't have beaten Gorges and Gallagher up if they knew they'd have to pay for it at some point.

2. It's about being as effective as you can, for all the short, middle and long term. Gallagher's game is based on aggressiveness and pugnacity. He won't keep that up for more than 2 years if he takes too much abuse like he did the other night.

3. Kassian might be horrible with the puck, he's still can't be less useful than Armstrong. I don't care if he produces or not or if he's a defensive wizard or not. Moen and White are more than capable to play. You don't need him on the ice for 20 minutes. You need him for 5 minutes. You double shift a young guy to give him more experience after that, or you put your hottest player on that line. If someone takes a liberty on Kostka, you get your enforcer on the ice the next shift he takes, and you tell him to go abuse him. Especially when the game is lost. At least, he knows he can't do it again without retaliation.

Seriously. What game are you watching? Curling?
Let me ask you this, what game were you watching? Obviously not the Leafs and Habs game.

Gallagher went after Kostka.

Gorges had to practically force McLaren to fight him. McLaren CLEARLY held up in that fight. It wasn't a case of those two running around picking fights with smaller players.

And tell me, what would Kassian (a completely useless NHL player) done to help the team win? Fight McLaren in the last few minutes of a 6-0 game? I get it, some people are still pissed the Leafs humiliated us. Thankfully our GM isn't as panicked as some of our fans, and won't waste a valuable roster spot on a useless scrubbo like Kassian.

2. Gallagher has played like that his entire career, from Jr to the AHL and now the NHL, and that's how he made it to the NHL. If he stops playing like that, he won't be in the NHL anymore. I doubt he needs another player on the roster to continue the same type of play he has produced for years now.

3. There is a reason why 30 GM's don't think he's NHL worthy, including the GM of our team. Apparently you know better, but I'll side with the guys who have jobs in hockey. I think it's a safe bet.

Habs fans have this giant insecurity, and they want us to claim every single scrubbo that hits waivers.

Reality check, there's a reason those players hit waivers, they aren't NHL worthy. Marc Bergevin obviously agrees in this particular situation, or he would have picked him up for free.

Almost 700 players are in the NHL, Kassian is not because he is not NHL worthy.

p.s. Your little jab about curling is cute, but not needed.