View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCDevil View Post
Very fair point. I've been told about the tradition at OSU, dating back to the Iba days. They were basically one of the first true powerhouses in college hoops. And yes, Abe Lemons had OCU pretty solid back in the day. There's talk now of OCU moving back to D-I for hoops and baseball in the next few years. That'd be nice.

But yes, basketball on the college level has been strong here. I guess I said what I said because there was ZERO interest in the NBA when the Hornets temporarily came here. You occasionally saw some Mavs fans around, but mostly OKC just had no NBA fans. That changed in a 180 fashion after the Hornets' stay. And now, five years in, the Thunder fairy tale is still going on strong. I'm amazing at the reversal this city has had in regards to the NBA.
what's more impressive, OKCDevil, is how OKC figured out how to keep both Chesepeake Energy Arena and Cox Convention Center, not only operating, and not competing with each other for events, whereas each arena has its major tenant (Thunder @ CEA, & Barons @ CCC, where some cities haven't either figured out how or don't have that option available.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote