View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Young kids stepping up is the easiest answer here. We have Schenn, Voracek, Couts, Simmonds who all are being relied upon for more offense. They Flyers are not the only team to do this, it's common in the NHL. You need younger players to fill the void of players that leave via free agency. Brayden Schenn is the best example. When he got off to a poor start everyone was blasting him, patience and 5 games later he is second on our team in scoring. He is also playing great hockey right now.

Also injuries..... Mez and Hartnell are both out of the lineup right now. We also have missed Briere and Simmonds for a little portion of the season. If it was a regular season, we would have been better off, but games are so close they missed a couple of games between them. Injuries are no excuse, but can be a reason why a team struggles. Especially with chemistry. I also believe Giroux is hurt, he is knocked off the puck way to easily, which almost neevr happened last year. His balance and skating aren't as strong as they were last year. I believe its something in his lower body..... maybe a hernia or something. He obviously can play through it, just not as effective.

I understand that the season is short, but Homer seems to not be willing to make a panic move. Also the other teams seem to not be willing to make moves either. Tough it out until we get back to full strength, and see where this team is. Of course if we make it to the playoffs, we have the most important aspect of a team playing where he needs to be, Bryzgalov. Your goalie needs to be the best player I feel in the playoffs, and Bryz has shown this year he is playing quality hockey.

I am a supporter of Homer but realize he has made his mistakes. I feel like a new capalogist would be a great move for the Flyers also. He has made some brilliant moves and not so brilliant moves. It can be said about every GM in the league.
Every team deals with injuries and ours aren't that bad. We lost a depth d and our top line LW for a bit. Not that bad if this team is constructed well. Look at Ottawa. They've lost Karlsson, Spezza, Cowen, and Michalek. Yet they're ahead of us. Torontos best player has been invisible all season yet they're in fifth.

I know he was relying on youngsters. In what way is it smart to expect Brayden and Couturier keep the offense going. They're both sophomores. Heck, Couturier is 19.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote