Old
02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
1.Couturier is 20
2. Ottawa hasn't played 1 game without Karlsson yet
3. We are up against the cap as is, how can we fit 10 million $ for Carle and Jagr?
1) my bad. Off by a year. Point still stands.

2) and Spezza? Or any of their other plethora of injuries? Spezza alone is as good as any player on our team except maybe Giroux. Just saying we don't have a right to complain. Not like Meszaros is Karlsson.

3) I'm not the GM. I am not responsible for figuring that out. Also, where did I say to re-sign any of them? All I said is that they weren't replaced. If Homer was willing to trade for Weber and willing to send out offer sheets then I'm sure between trades and free agency he could have cleared some space or replaced the players.

Point is this roster isn't built to win or lose. It's not acceptable. Being just out of the playoffs in the middle isn't the place to be. That's where teams like Calgary and Toronto get stuck.

Also I know nobody intends to lose but if you're relying on young sophomores to carry things then go for a full retool or rebuild. Go full young. I also think Homer wont sell at the deadline.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote