Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII
View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I don't see how paying O'Reilly 4.5 (or even 5) is a hold-up when we're paying Laich 4.5 to be significantly worse at hockey.
Laich is a darn good hockey player and a key part of the team.

He is just the next in the line of whipping boys now that Green is currently playing well.

I have observed many on these message boards (other fans included) tend to overvalue their prospects. I have also seen many undervalue their own players.

Philly fans for the last couple years had been looking for ways to get rid of Hartnell and Briere. Two guys who happen to have performed exceptionally well for them and sans Hartnell there is a big gap on that team right now. Thats just one example.

Rangers fans wanted to find a way to get rid of Dubinsky. One year the guy was untouchable and the next year he was included in every one of their trade proposals. Next year I am sure they will want a way to dump Nash.

Its easy to take what you have for granite. Alexander Semin is a fine example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
We've needed a player like that since Dino left.
A case could be made that Konowalchuk filled that role to an extent. But either way it would be nice to have a Hartnell or Lucic type. Troy Brouwer has decent hands speed and is a good hitter. But he doesn't agitate like those guys.