View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Wow. You're asking me if I watched the game?

Kostka was the first one to drop the gloves. How anyone can discuss that just gets over me.
As for Gorges, he was heading to Orr to defend his teammates, and McLaren intercepted him and basically forced him to fight. They even said so after the game. Listen to Gorges' interview.
Again, as I clearly wrote, Gallagher went after Kostka. Was it smart? Nope, but Gallagher has never backed down since his JR days, and he won't start now, or else he'll lose his job in the NHL.
Gorges was looking for a fight, as you said. McLaren wasn't. So again, the two guys you mentioned (McLaren and Kostka) were not going around picking on smaller players.

Quote:
As for Kassian or any other enforcer for that matter, there's no way we would have won that game, with or without one. But I can guarantee Plekanec wouldn't have been ran over, and that Gallagher/Gorges probably would not have had to fight against way bigger opponents. Because in the end, those guys who abused them knew they would have had to pay the price.
Just like no one tried anything when Laraque was around? Or when Staubitz was around? Or were those guys useless, wastes of a roster that really didn't help the team, or protect them.
The Flyers and Bruins are known as goon teams, yet their players get injured all the time. Go figure. With big ole mean Thornton, Chara and Lucic on their team, Boston has lost a ton of good players to injury. The fact of the matter is that 1 goon won't stop things from happening in a rink.

It never has, and it never will. There's a perception that it will though, for some reason, even if history has proven otherwise.

Quote:
It's very naive of you to believe a guy like Gallagher will keep playing in this league because, you know, he's been doing so for his entire junior career. Oranges and apples. When a man abuses you, it's not like another random 19 years old kid is roughing you up.
It is very naive of you to think that Gallagher will get intimidated in the NHL. He isn't that type of player. I've been following him since his WHL days, and if you think he's going to be intimidated, you are dead wrong. You might think he will, be he never has, and he hasn't been intimidated so far in the NHL. He's a pitbull and that's his bread and butter. Without it, he's not an NHL'er. He needs to play like that to ensure his career in the big leagues last. He's not going to change. And if he does, he's no longer a useful NHL player. I doubt he makes that decision. Have some faith in the kid.

Quote:
As for not claiming Kassian, where did I blame Bergevin and say he was nuts? I even said higher in one post that I respected his point of view, but that I didn't share it. Frankly, some people here should learn how to read before commenting. That being said, the reality in the North East division is very different than elsewhere in the league.

Uhm...I have no idea what you are talking about. Did I even use the word nuts? I said he didn't panic after that loss. Which is good. It's probably what separates GM's from fans. We panic. They don't.

Learn to read? Are you serious? I never even used the word nuts. That comment is very ironic considering you read something that wasn't there.

Quote:

I would hope a team like the Bruins or the Leafs wouldn't claim Kassian, as they already have enough guys with them. As for the "I'll trust the one who's in the league" argument... Really? These guys always take the good decision? Then why are we even discussing him? Close the forum! Everybody ought to agree with these guys I guess...
The reason 30 clubs didn't want him is because he is a bad NHL player that offers little to no value to the team. It's as simple as that.
You may think otherwise, and that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that people who are paid to perform this job completely disagree. And I happen to side with them. He's useless.

Quote:

As for the curling part, well it's pretty obvious a lot of people here know nothing about the effects of intimidation in this sport, and how a player can get tamer and tamer as his career goes on if he takes too much abuse.

The curling jab was simply a weak insult at the end of confused rant.
Gallagher won't change because he went after Kostka. And Gorges won't stop defending his teammates because he practically forced McLaren to fight. Some scrubbo that can hardly skate won't change a thing. We've tried this before, and it failed miserably.

The Habs obviously don't need a scrub like Kassian, or they would have picked him up for free. He wasn't worth it, apparently, according to Bergevin.
I get that we are super fans, and we know what's best, but perhaps have faith in the GM of the team. He probably has a better handle on it than us.

Could the Habs use more size? Absolutely. But it's irrational to want to fill that void with a waste of a roster space.

I'm starting to get the feeling that those clamoring for Kassian never saw him play, and only watched a few clips on hockeyfights.com

He's a liability on the ice, not an asset.

Last edited by Dr Gonzo: 02-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.