View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:51 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Again, as I clearly wrote, Gallagher went after Kostka. Was it smart? Nope, but Gallagher has never backed down since his JR days, and he won't start now, or else he'll lose his job in the NHL.
Gorges was looking for a fight, as you said. McLaren wasn't. So again, the two guys you mentioned (McLaren and Kostka) were not going around picking on smaller players.

Just like no one tried anything when Laraque was around? Or when Staubitz was around? Or were those guys useless, wastes of a roster that really didn't help the team, or protect them.
The Flyers and Bruins are known as goon teams, yet their players get injured all the time. Go figure. With big ole mean Thornton, Chara and Lucic on their team, Boston has lost a ton of good players to injury. The fact of the matter is that 1 goon won't stop things from happening in a rink.

It never has, and it never will. There's a perception that it will though, for some reason, even if history has proven otherwise.

It is very naive of you to think that Gallagher will get intimidated in the NHL. He isn't that type of player. I've been following him since his WHL days, and if you think he's going to be intimidated, you are dead wrong. You might think he will, be he never has, and he hasn't been intimidated so far in the NHL. He's a pitbull and that's his bread and butter. Without it, he's not an NHL'er. He needs to play like that to ensure his career in the big leagues last. He's not going to change. And if he does, he's no longer a useful NHL player. I doubt he makes that decision. Have some faith in the kid.

Uhm...I have no idea what you are talking about. Did I even use the word nuts? I said he didn't panic after that loss. Which is good. It's probably what separates GM's from fans. We panic. They don't.

Learn to read? Are you serious? I never even used the word nuts. That comment is very ironic considering you read something that wasn't there.

The reason 30 clubs didn't want him is because he is a bad NHL player that offers little to no value to the team. It's as simple as that.
You may think otherwise, and that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that people who are paid to perform this job completely disagree. And I happen to side with them. He's useless.

The curling jab was simply a weak insult at the end of confused rant.
Gallagher won't change because he went after Kostka. And Gorges won't stop defending his teammates because he practically forced McLaren to fight. Some scrubbo that can hardly skate won't change a thing. We've tried this before, and it failed miserably.

The Habs obviously don't need a scrub like Kassian, or they would have picked him up for free. He wasn't worth it, apparently, according to Bergevin.
I get that we are super fans, and we know what's best, but perhaps have faith in the GM of the team. He probably has a better handle on it than us.

Could the Habs use more size? Absolutely. But it's irrational to want to fill that void with a waste of a roster space.
Nothing I will say will make you change your mind. You just don't want to see how Kostka forced Gallagher into a fight, and that McLaren was actually the one who intercepted Gorges, and then proceeded to laugh at him in his own building.

As for comparing Laraque with anything wearing a pair of skates, it shows how much you generalize because it didn'T work out with that excuse of a team player. We tried to get a sniper in Cammalleri and the results ended up being so so. Hey, let's forget about acquiring any sniper, because clearly, since Cammalleri was not as effective as we wanted him to be, all snipers are bound to fail.

As for the effects of physicality on players, as far as I'm concerned, you're way off. And very naive.

But no matter what I say, it's useless. It's a waste of time for both you and I. So keep your opinion, I'll keep mine. The recipe we've been using in the last decade has led us nowhere. It's time to change the ingredients. And by saying that, I never pretended to be any more knowledgable than anyone, or than Bergevin himself. I just would have acted differently. And I particularly don't like people who tell me that we can claim this player because of our "depth".

EDIT:
Just read the part about the "confused rant". Who the hell do you think you are to judge other people,s opinion like that? I guess taking a page or two out of the book of our opponents is not an option? We,re above that? We're just better than that? You fail miserably to understand anything about the impact of guys like Gallagher and Gorges taking abuse as they did the other night. I wonder if you ever played the game. Seriously.

I'm done answering you, as you're obviously right on everything and know everything there is to know about sport, hockey, and the fact that guys like Gorges and Gallagher fighting against guys significantly bigger than them is normal.

Last edited by HiggsBozon: 02-14-2013 at 12:58 PM.