View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Prince

vCash: 500
I have seen games In Nashville, Miami, Boston, Carolina, Anaheim, St Louis, San Diego Sports arena, and the LA Forum.

Funny story about the game in San Diego. The game was a pre-season game before the 88-89 season. I got seats right behind the Kings penalty box. During the game Ken Baumgartner gets a 2 penalty. 30 seconds before the penalty ends he stands up to get ready to get out. In the San Diego area the glass behind the penalty box came up to just about chin level. As soon as he stands up I stand up I start to talk to him. During the playoffs the year before he got “LA” shaved into the hair on the side of his head and I asked him about it. Then my buddy asks him about the girls on road trips. Ken gets a big smile on his face and then this penalty is over and he skates back on the ice. As he joins the play it becomes a 2 on 1 with Dave Taylor bringing the puck into the offensive zone. I don’t think the dman realized Baumgartner had joined the play. Taylor plays a perfect pass to Baumgartner who has a wide open net to shoot and he SHANKS it. All the Kings fans around us gave us crap for the rest of the game because we had “distracted” Baumgartner. For those that remember him, a wide open goal was about a 50/50 proposition anyway. To this day still laugh with my buddies about that game.

Last edited by Prince: 02-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote