Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

That C Conference makes absolutely no sense. Why does Carolina go in Conference D? Wouldn't they still be suited to be in the same conference as Tampa and Florida?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I truly see your point about Carolina but who else fits in our division? Montreal/Boston/Toronto/Buffalo are big rivalries and i don't see them coming to the D division. Ottawa being a Canadian team has to stay and breaking up 1 of the Florida teams won't work, Carolina is the only option i see. Also remember rivalries do play a huge roll in terms of realignment just look at the NFL east. Dallas is in a division with the Giants,Redskins, and Eagles and considering there are so many teams closer in the NFC to those 3 (even Carolina in football) the travelling was not obviously a factor.

Call me nuts but watching the Islanders since the late 80's i really miss the Caps in our division..The Easter epic and the Dale Hunter incident are some of my most memorable memories lol
You're right in that there really is little or no other way. I can't imagine the Florida teams will like the extended travel up north to play divisional games. I'm also a little selfish in that I want to see the Isles and Lightning as much as possible.

I wonder what Garth and Wang think about this realignment.