View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Nashville, Detroit, Phoenix and Anaheim for me. I also went to the first Winter Classic in Buffalo wearing all Kings gear even though they weren't playing. That was hockey-palooza. I had the best time in Nashsville by far. The fans there were giving us a hard time from the minute we got there but it was very much good spirited. We even went out for drinks with the group behind us afterwards. I remember when the guy who sat down next to me got there he said "I sure hope I don't get hit in the head with a beer bottle tonight". I told him I didn't think I'd be doing anything like that. He responded saying "no, I'm worried at one flying from behind us"! It took me a second to realize what he said but he was pretty funny and shocked that we'd come from LA to watch the game.

When I went to Phoenix a few years back, Southwest was running a $60 special for a round trip that happened to be when a Kings game was played there. I think I spent about $200 that weekend for everything. It was dollar beer night at Jobing.com and we stayed a hotel down the road for pretty cheap and even played golf the day after the game. That was a great trip. Btw, I don't think the Kings have lost when I'm not in California watching the game.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote