View Single Post
02-14-2013, 12:59 PM
He's never not there
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Jeffrey is finesse for sure, but Boychuk isn't soft, he hits. But let's say that they were both softies, just for argument's sake. You never take toughness over skill. Now, if Kennedy brought both of those to the table then he would be a good fit. He brings reckless toughness and very little skill. This combination leads to continuous turnovers and lost puck battles.

The only place Kennedy could be a sniper would be in the military. Lord knows he's had plenty of practice aiming for the heart. He's practically a natural...
Believe me, my argument wasn't meant to favor TK.

However, I do disagree that you take "skill" over "toughness" every time. There are plenty of guys on this roster who you wouldn't consider skilled that still put up solid goal totals (Kunitz, Dupuis, Cooke, Sutter). The last thing we need are 2 guys on our checking line who, max, will put up similar point totals to Kennedy and do even less of the little things.

Our 3rd line next season should be Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis. TK gone, and a top-6 forward acquired (Bennett should be ready for full time top-6 duty next year).

AnyoneButKunitz is offline   Reply With Quote