View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Everything you say about there record last year is a fluke. A fluke they came in first, a fluke they made it 2 games from the cup, a fluke they won 2 rounds in the playoffs, a fluke they only had 3 OT losses when holding a lead.

When will you accept that this may actually be a good team. Sure, we didn't win anything, but we made it further than we did in the last 17 years. We did it with a ton of homegrown kids, like kreider, like miller, etc...

For the first time in years, i trust the way this team is being run. We are going to be fine and Boyle is and has been a huge part of the success. Do i think Kreider will be out of the lineup for long, no, but i do see boyle as being an important cog going forward.
Our run last year wasn't a fluke. Though, I wonder what would have happened if we didn't get that BS call for a 5 on 3 in game 6. Still could have won, but it becomes tricky. The 3 OT losses in 2 years is not a fluke, but sounds a lot better than it actually is. You and some people like to pretend that the reason we blew the lead to Boston was because Brian "best defensive forward ever" Boyle wasn't playing. I gave you a # of collapses we had with Boyle in. Including two 3rd period 3 goal collapses. To pretend like it's some guarantee we wouldn't blow the lead because of Boyle is ridiculously overrating him.