View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Therick67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
EEI should now stake their future on 2 big bets...

1 - Get the Bruins. I have no idea when their contract is up with sports hub but when it is up they need to beg, borrow, and steal and do whatever it takes to be their flagship station.

2 - Have a woman host. I'm not talking about that pre menopausal matriarch they experimented with years ago with Ordway (the fire in the belly lady), but a young, knowledgeable, "with it" personality. Like some of the young ladies they have on comcast like Mary P. who cohosts with Tom Curran, or Jessica Moran. Guys would love it because they do indeed know their sports and they're easy on the eyes, and woman would start tuning in and calling up a lot more because they would feel more at ease with a young woman like them taking their calls. Maybe wouldn't move the needle much in terms of their niche target demo, but they're overall ratings would go up with new listeners. That's gotta be worth something to advertisers.
Janet Prensky I think? Anyway, that was painful to listen to, but EEI was the only game in town. Thankfully that changed.