View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
This is the very reasoning that the Islanders tried to sign him last spring. His skill set to control, protect and to finish with the puck is exactly what JT needs on his line and is heads and shoulders above the names thrown around. Lee has also scored the most goals in D-1 hockey over the last three years. Not bad for a 4th line grinder.
Come on man... you can't be serious. Lee is "head and shoulders" above guys like Nelson, Strome and Niederreiter? I like Lee... I really do. But the 4th line talk has more to do with the state of our system than it does Lee's potential. He is not a better prospect than the three guys I mentioned, and when you factor in the guys who are already here(Tavares, Moulson, Bailey, Grabner, Okposo, Ullstrom) I just don't see anywhere he could possibly fit other than the bottom-six. More specifically, the 4th line.

BTW, not sure what the whole "this is the reason they tried to sign him last spring" means. They probably just wanted him getting AHL experience. Don't know how you could draw the conclusion that they wanted him on JT's wing. Look at Brock Nelson. He was signed last spring as well.