View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I hate coming on here sometimes. Some people look at the numbers and are like omg we lost 100 points and only replaced it with Schenn. Yes, that was the reason we lost in the playoffs last season. Instead of moving laterally Homer tried to hit home runs. Look at the cap numbers, Retaining Carle was impossible at that cap hit. Yes, he played a sound role for the Flyers are they were better with him, he was often exposed in the playoffs, especially against the Devils. Jagr was in the same boat, sure he had a good regular season, in the playoffs he looked old and slow and was a detriment.

Flyers needed to stop getting pushed around on dumps and they made a trade JVR for Schenn. If Schenn plays to his potential, he is most would be a good fit and JVR has had many injury concerns.

The fact is, retaining Carle and Jagr would only leave the Flyers were they were last year and thats easy first round playoff fodder with Carle sucking up a huge cap hit where the Flyers would have to slash serious payroll.
And losing Carle and Jagr and replacing them with Feds, Knuble, McGinn, expecting Talbot to have a similar year to last year, and expecting all of your second year players to improve pretty dramatically leaves us where exactly?

If we're going with a youth movement/re-tool phase, that's fine with me. I just don't know how much I trust Snider more so than Holmgren to allow this to happen without making a panic trade to "push us into contention".

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote