View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Beating a top Conference team on away ice is of course not a bad result IMO. Miller looked gassed at times, and Kreider lost & tentative. I like the logjam here. It will spur better play of whoever sits when they get a chance. Otoh this is part of the proceess for the rookies. I would also think that this gets put to the test a bit more after this game when the final decision is made on Miller. If Boyle is on the 4th line, he and that line can be used more at even strength play and PK time for Boyle. If the rookies develop and contribute more on offense, then we are getting something we most likely will not see from Boyle up front again.

I think Boyle is an important piece of this team and identity to make it succeed, but if he gets moved down to the 4th line cuz the kids are better, than it is all the better as it also means we most likely are a much better functioning team. I think icing Boyle on the 4th line really shows we are a contender. I would not mind seeing this next year either... The cap hit is a bit high for this - but I can see beyond that because that will not be decisive in retaining the RFAs next year anyways... Creates great depth and a good identity.
I keep hearing people say kreider was tentative/lost but i didnt see that. In fact he played more physical last game. He also should have had a goal. it doesnt help when your shifts are so brief.