View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
DrHamburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
And losing Carle and Jagr and replacing them with Feds, Knuble, McGinn, expecting Talbot to have a similar year to last year, and expecting all of your second year players to improve pretty dramatically leaves us where exactly?

If we're going with a youth movement/re-tool phase, that's fine with me. I just don't know how much I trust Snider more so than Holmgren to allow this to happen without making a panic trade to "push us into contention".
I think it was a "Weber, Parise, Suter type FA" or re-tool phase. I know Homer gets bashed, but this roster now is pretty similar to what it was last year. If Giroux was having the season he was last year the Flyers would be sitting 5-8 range now. I have faith the Flyers wont trade a first this season. He did stick to his guns last season and kept his first which was Laughton, who looks pretty good. When he traded Carter actually kept the 8th overall pick instead of moving it. I honestly think in this season is going to be what you see is what you get. If anything I think the Flyers are going to be sellers as in Breire and Meszaros. If they go on a hot streak then I'd say they might try to move some later picks for defensive upgrades in the bottom paring.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote