View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
I still contend that if you DO want to trade Clowe and Demers, they'd have to go to two separate teams. For the record, I wouldn't trade Demers at all - but I was just responding to the OP, and trying to give some options. Same goes for Clowe - if you DO want to move him for fear that he won't re-sign, I'm just coming up with options.

So we've agreed that Clowe will need to go to a contender, but what will "contenders" give up in return? Picks and prospects. I find it hard to believe that any contender will send back an NHL-ready forward that could play on the SJ 2nd/3rd line, unless it's someone that "doesn't fit into their current team's plans (ie. Tyler Kennedy). And if SJ insists on asking for such a forward, they're going to significantly narrow the amount of possible trade partners, since the "contenders" will likely need those forwards for their planned Cup run.

I'll be honest - I haven't heard too much about the D prospects in Worcester. Do you feel that these guys can step into the SJ roster and contribute effectively in the near future? If so, then perhaps focus on forward prospects and draft picks.
Yes, we have D coming out of our ears. Demers/Braun/Irwin all play similar games, all are NHL ready. Irwin played a bunch of games to start the season and looked solid (better than Braun has so far this year). On top of that we have Petrecki, Tennyson, Acolotse, Albetshauser, all needing NHL likely in the next few seasons. There is also Pelech, Doherty...

Also keep in mind we have Burns and Vlasic locked up long term, Stuart for another 3 years, Braun/Demers are both RFA's still. Sharks D is looking pretty much set for the foreseeable future.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote