View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
OilersFan1978

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Clarifying.... Are you saying that it's a non-starter that Seattle get an NBA team through expansion (at least at this point in time)?

If that's the case, I'm thinking I have an idea about why. They want any NBA team going into Seattle to have a competitive advantage or at least not a disadvantage against any NHL team that might be going there. If the NBA gets an expansion team, and the NHL puts a relocated team there, then immediately the NHL team would have a more competitive advantage.
I see what you guys are saying here. The other side of this issue, though, is that it wouldn't matter to the fan base because the fan support of the Sonics would be instantaneous and continuous, regardless of how they get another team. I'm a huge supporter of Seattle getting an NHL team, but it would still take some time to build that sucker up for the long-term in terms of fan support, even if they were given a relocated team that is already halfway decent. Stern & Co. have to know that...I should think this wouldn't be much of a concern to them, but maybe I'm wrong.