Old
02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Grant Sonier ranked his top 5 goalies in the draft

Quote:
2) Marcus Hogberg, Linkoping (SWE)
Size has become a more and more attractive trait for the position (think Pekka Rinne) and at 6-4 Hogberg looks like another in a long list of elite Swedish netminders. He's seen only limited action this year, which is a bit of a concern, but the overall package offers something special.

In 13 games he's posted a 2.20 GAA and .916 save percentage. He moves very well for a big man and plays to his strengths -- good positioning and playing angles. It is very hard not to like the size.

"How do you not like the upside on this big kid?" said one Western Conference scout who just returned from Europe. "Every time I see him play I think he is an NHL goaltender."

Central Scouting ranks him No. 3 among European goalies.
Quote:
5) Eamon McAdam, Waterloo (USHL)
McAdam shares the load with teammate Calvin Petersen -- whom Central Scouting ranked higher -- but I like McAdam. In 22 games this year he has a record of 14-5-1 with 3.29 GAA and .899 save percentage. Those are not numbers anyone is going to get excited about but this big kid has a lot of game. I watched him play some excellent hockey earlier in the season at the World Junior A Challenge, where he helped Team USA win gold. He needs time to work on controlling his body position, but I see lots of second effort and an excellent stick for playing the puck.

Central Scouting pegs him at No. 7 in North America.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...igible-goalies

McAdam will be a freshman at Penn State in the fall.

The Rangers liked their US kids and Swedes. The Swede sounds like an intriguing player.

Tristan Jarry is #3. Philippe Desrosiers is #4. Fucale and Desrosiers play in the Q. Jarry is the WHL.