Old
02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
On the other side of the coin, one would hope the GM gives the coach the personnel he needs to succeed.
He tried to though, didn't he? This offseason was not Homer's best work, but a lot of that was out of his control. Jagr and Carle were going where the money is. The Flyers weren't really going to pay more than or likely even close to what those two got. Outside of Suter, Parise, and Weber, there was little else available. He struck out for reasons that were beyond his control (Suter and Parise had no intentions of coming here, the Flyers "got" Weber but Nashville stepped in and matched). If he didn't pursue those players I suppose this team could have looked different, but if you look at the players available, I'm not so sure that would have been a good thing.

The JvR trade, should not be factored in to the loss of Jagr and Carle. That trade is something that was needed. If it wasn't made, the Flyers defense would be in even worse shape than it is right now and the Flyers would, I imagine, still be looking to make a trade for a young defenseman (or possibly have made a different trade).

In all honesty, and this questions is directed to everyone, what should have Homer done differently this offseason?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote