View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
What a well thought out and articulate rebuttal. You must have killed it when you were the debate team captain.

Seriously though, a player that stands up for his teammates and drops the gloves is a totally necessary and effective asset to a team when they actually do that job properly (i.e. George Parros). But Staubutz doesn't do that. He loses his fights, costs us power plays and hasn't deterred the opposition from taking runs at our star players. Basically no one is afraid of him. It doesn't help us that he averages more penalty minutes per game than ice-time or that he's spent more time the locker room in two of his last three games than he did on the bench. There's toughness and then there's stupidity. He provides plenty of the latter and little of the former.
Parros was terrible at that for the past 2-3 seasons. When may and brown left, Parros became nicer. He fought, but he didn't enforce. What Staubitz did last game was more enforcing than I saw Parros do in years. Parros would yap at someone who took a run at one of our players. Then he'd fight the enforcer and it wasn't uncommon for them to run our players again. Parros didn't have the mean streak in his game to just jump someone or take a dirty shot back. In no way do I think Parros kept others from doing that to our guys. Not his last few years anyway. I will take Staubitz over him any day. Someone like Neil would be perfect though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote