View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
It's a good year for players from the QMJHL. Obviously there's Drouin and Mackinnon, but when you start adding in guys like Erne, Mantha, and Gauthier (<- really like this guy as he might just end up being a better skating Keith Primeau), you can't go wrong with any of those selections. I'm surprised to see Anthony Duclair being mentioned in the first round though because he has some attitude issues and his play has actually tailed off.

In terms of the OHL, it's kind of a wash this year. You've got a real high end talent in Sean Monahan, but then you get some question with regards to Domi, Horvat, Hartman, and Rychel (<- another player I also like as he just seems to have that 'it' factor with regards to his play with the puck).

The WHL has also been surprising, but it's not been a good surprising. A couple of guys who have really taken a big fall as of late are Morgan Klimchuk and Curtis Lazar. Lazar has been especially disappointing because he was expected to be a top 10 pick. He might end up falling out of the first all together and possibly dropping as low as the mid 3rd. Even Hunter Shinkaruk is starting to fall. I have to admit that I'm shocked, but I'm not surprised either. Part of the issue with the forwards falling is that the WHL has been producing some real good defensemen as of late and this year is no different.

Personally, I'm indifferent to whom the Flyers might select when they get up to the podium. I've already stated that if they end up out of the playoffs and have a fairly high pick, I hope that they select Rasmus Ristolainen. If they can't get him, then I actually wouldn't mind if they traded down and picked up a few extra picks along the way, especially if trading down meant landing someone like Anthony Mantha, Frederic Gauthier or a wild card like Valery Nichushkin or Pavel Buchnevich.