View Single Post
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I've been thinking about it since draft day. I'm not a tanker but that's what I would have done in the off season if I were Bergevin :

Trade Plekanec for Anaheim's pick and Gorges for Washington's pick (there were trade discussions about it from both teams on the trade board at the time and fans for ANH and WSH agreed it would make a good trade for them too), draft Galchenyuk, and Forsberg and Grigorenko who sliped; dump a couple of bodies for 2nd rounders or late 1st.

It would be a very green lineup, we would miss the playoffs, there is the chance Tinordi and Beaulieu would be rushed, but at the same time all those minutes might give them valuable experience and help them grow, and it would be an exciting rebuild, a team that would become competitive after 1-2 years. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post it, but I thought I'd rather get flamed than not get your opinions.
were the rumors for 2012 or 2013 drat picks?

as far as i concerned, i wont miss plekanec a lot and i dont think gorges is a game changer and im sure most GMs also think that.

whats the worst that can happen with this kind of overhaul? i dont even mind 2nd or 3rd rounders for some of these players (kaberle,borque etc) if the right guy is drafting there are stars in the late rounds every year.

id rather see a team that is overmatched in the next few years because of inexperience rather than being overmatched for then next 20 seasons because of this need to win a little now rather than a lot later.