View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 06:05 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
You bring up a good point that Boyle was more productive in college. However, taking into account Boyle was a bit older than Kreider and Boyle outscored Kreider by seven points I think shattering is probably the wrong choice of words.

You haeve a good point regarding the AHL but Boyle also regressed and had a .5 ppg season in the AHL as a 24 year-old. He has also averaged .28 ppg in the NHL so far, which is actually less than Kreider when taking into account the playoffs despite Kreider being only 21 years old.

That being said, I certainly don't think Kreider is infinitely superior to Boyle, and it is fair to argue he may not even currently be superior to Boyle, But his future is certainly brighter than Boyle's and the Boyler has been pretty poor this year. I hope the benching lights a fire under him and he can up his play and help us pick up some points.
My biggest problem is that Torts doesnt seem to like kreider if he makes one mistake he benches him. Thats not gonnateach him anything. I really like the devils head coach he seems to let younger players play through it

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote