View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
My biggest problem is that Torts doesnt seem to like kreider if he makes one mistake he benches him. Thats not gonnateach him anything. I really like the devils head coach he seems to let younger players play through it
Well, I hope that Torts is teaching Kreider to try to worry less about making mistakes and to play more aggressively. I think it's clear Kreider has been too tentative and seems to be worried to mess up, but it remains to be seen why it is happening and why he is being benched.

I'd be happy if Torts told Kreider that he is going to sit him and when he comes back up he wants Kreider to use his speed and be assertive and that mistakes will be excused if he is playing at speed, instead of cruising around and playing fairly passively. If Torts isn't communicating something to this tune in combination with the benching I think I might agree with you.

Whatever the case, rookies need to be allowed to make mistakes, but they can't let that fear of making mistakes prevent them from playing the way they are most effective.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote