View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:07 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
I like the player, that means I'm not objective?

He wasn't scratched because he was bad defensively. He was scratched because Boyle needed to play and Kreider didn't "do enough". He's bring over coached.

He's concerned with assignments. That's why he looks "tentative". Has anyone here tried to impress by doing something, but had to constantly worry they missed their assignment? It doesn't exactly give you the confidence to just go for it. Complicated systems are not easy for rookies to learn.

Kreider was far more effective in the playoffs because the coaching staff took a "hands off" approach and allowed him to just play.

In the offensive zone, he's even looking around making sure he's got his assignment down instead of attacking the net. Like he should be doing. Why?.Because if he loses his assignment and the opposition transitions up the ice, Kreider gets benched.

How do you build confidence like that? Its incredibly difficult. I went through it as a young defenseman in a ccomplicated system. With complex set plays. Rather then just playing. Rushing the puck like I was able to do, I was constantly being force fed systems and assignments and benched if I missed one. I can relate to this situation.

Give the kid a situation he can play his game and succeed in. He needs a center that can get him the puck. Like a broken record.

He won't ever be selke material. Stop it. What he can be however is a 30 goal scorer. Allow him to develop that way. He isn't lazy. No need to worry about that. He's not a prima. He's not high maintenance.

Feed him the puck.