View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Selanne138

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Open question to everyone on the trade boards thread wanting to trade Sbisa + for ROR - what makes anyone think that's a good idea? Fowler may not play again this year, there's no telling with concussions (obviously I hope I'm wrong). The replacements are Guenin (#6-7), Vatanen (not ready, plays a different game regardless), Clark (not ready), Lindholm (also may not play this year, no idea if he's ready). Defense immediately turns into a question mark. It also means that next year there's a shortage of proven players, requiring either Lydman be re-signed or the Ducks roll with multiple youngsters and just hope it all works out. For a guy who wants so much salary that they won't be able to re-sign Ryan (assuming they manage to keep Perry and Getzlaf). I'm just not seeing the upside to trading a roster player for a shiny new toy.

I just threw it out there as a value proposal, and they said that theyd want Fowler+ and that was the end of it. Id only propose it IF Fowler is back and healthy anyways, so right now its a moot point. And with the way we are playing right now, Im not making a trade of any sorts.