View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Look, I don't even mean it in a bad way, and I already said it has nothing to do with disagreeing with ME so much as it is disagreeing with what is (more or less) a consensus. As shown by the larger sample I provided, typically John and Paul are the popular Beatles. They are not winning this poll, so I hypothesize it's due to some people having a natural inclination to like or choose something different than the popular or obvious choice. I'm like that too! It's not a bad thing.

FWIW, if you ask any of my friends or family, I'm the hipster. Ask other fans of some of my more exotic tastes, and some would say I'm too pop.... I just like what I like.
That's fine. I don't believe you have some cynical intention behind it, and I'm not angrily getting into an argument with you about it-- but I just think it's very unfair to make that assumption. Whether it's well-intentioned or not, you're still discrediting a huge group of people and telling them that they aren't being totally truthful with themselves without any evidence.

If it was more of a wishy-washy thought/impression, I'd totally get it, but I read it as closer to a full blown accusation-- rather than, "I get the sneaking suspicion this might be happening", you're saying "this is clearly what's happening and I'm calling you guys out for it"-- which seems pretty uncalled for, in my eyes.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote