View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Moving Ryan is a big mistake IMO. Even if Getz and perry re-sign. Like it or not, Ryan is going to become extremely vital to our success, whether its at wing or center. This is if Selanne ever retires.

I have always thought Sbisa was overrated here. I like how the team is seeing what holland can do cause If they are considering going for RoR, I'd imagine he's part of the deal. Sbisa to me isn't top pair potential. He just seems to lack confidence and complete awareness of a top defenseman. Does it hurt the defense? Yeah it does, but Sbisa is also currently our 5th defenseman so it doesn't hurt it severely IMO. I should also point out that I don't believe fowler will miss entire season and I don't move Sbisa until fowler returns. So yeah it hurts the defensive depth, but we have A LOT of money invested in our defense. Basically one of Vatanen, Lindholm, or Lovejoy would have to be a full time bottom pairing defenseman and believe one is capable of doing it. Plus the difference of Sbisa and one of the three is greatly made up for by the offense with the addition to the top six.

My biggest issue aside from Fowler's injury is Ryan at center. Personally i think he's done well there, and I'd like to see him get more time. If he continues to do well, I look for another impact winger or possibly just a rental where I don't have to move Sbisa. However if bb is already taking Ryan out of the spot, then maybe his mind is made up.