View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Number three on the Puck Daddy list of most disappointing teams so far this season. Not sure where to put this, but I guess the sorry state of the franchise and its tarnished reputation around the league falls under Tamby's mandate.

3 - Edmonton Oilers (5-5-3)

Now, no one expected the Oilers to be a juggernaut (except Adrian Dater). But I think most expected them to be more exciting and competitive out of the gate. With almost the whole core playing together in Oklahoma, I was one of many that thought they'd show more early chemistry than most clubs, and with that collection of offensive talent, and two exciting rookies coming aboard, I thought we might see some track meets.

Instead, Edmonton is averaging 2.15 goals per game, 27th in the NHL (although somehow 3rd in the Northwest Division, because good grief is that division terrible). Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has 0 goals in 12 games. Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle have just 3 apiece. Some of it is bad luck, but bad luck is boring.

Again, no one expected the Oilers to win every game. But I think most expected them to be a treat to watch, and apart from a few miracle finishes, they haven't been.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...0866--nhl.html

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote