View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 10:30 PM
SA16
Two by two...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I havent been too impressed with miller since the islanders game last week to be honest. Yes he is physical but he has ALOT if defensive lapses more than CK and he needs to learn to pass once in a while lol. I like the kid but he is only 19 let him develop more
He could use more time to develop and I don't think he's been great lately but the problem is we don't have any better options internally. Halpern or Boyle are clearly not an offensive threat at all. Halpern skates well, is good on faceoffs, and is good defensively but he doesn't pass or shoot well. Boyle is extremely slow, has poor vision, doesn't handle the puck well, and doesn't have a great shot. He is very good at playing the puck along the boards and playing defensively. But, with both of these guys in the lineup as the 3C and 4C the offensive capabilities of each line is severely hindered. Having Miller in helps to give the line a chance to do something offensively other than dump the puck in, start a long cycle, and hope to eventually get a shot and see if we can put in a rebound.

Additionally, and unrelated, I was curious as to why Hagelin seemed to play very limited minutes in overtime.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote