View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Decent season or not you have to think that the Rangers are looking at Richards as a potential compliance buyout. This is a business and if Richards is descending into mediocrity already then this contract will be disasterous. I think Richards would really have to crap the bed to make the Rangers do that, but with his 6 point something million cap hit and the cap going down in conjuction with the fact that Richards has 7 years left on his deal after this season, it is not extreme to say that the Rangers could possibly do a compliance buyout.

Go ahead, laugh and critisize. But to say that Rangers brass isn't even entertaining the idea is absurd given the circumstances of Richards performance thus far along with his hefty contract and the cap situation next year.
If he's not going to be a Ranger, this is the way it's going to happen. He has a NMC, and I doubt he's approving a trade anywhere.

Regardless, I still have faith in him. I've been saying since Day 1 of this season, I'm cutting everyone some slack until March. By that point in the season everyone should be in form and ready to go. Until then, I'll live with the frustration and chalk it up to rustiness.