Thread: Jarome Iginla
View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 11:32 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I wonder if the trade deadline is really a big of factor as we may think. I would say the way this team is built, when healthy it is a borderline playoff team without Iginla.

Cammy Tangs Glencross
Cervenka Stajan Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Stempniak

That's still 3 pretty balanced scoring lines especially if Sven can somewhat get it going. If Iggy has given the green light to Feaster to talk to teams, a GM may not mess around and make a solid offer now to ensure they capture the division. Traditionally though, the deadline drives up the demand with multiple teams bidding so that's why we see so many teams overpay.

I've never been absolute for the Flames to trade Iggy. But this is the first season that I can honestly say we are not dependent on him scoring for us to win games. If the right offer comes along to set us up and move him to a contender, I think we do it no matter what as Iggy may not be back next year anyways.
I would wonder what Iggy would bring to our club if we made the playoffs. After all of these years, all those critics and rumors, you know he'd be hungry to win.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote