View Single Post
02-15-2013, 02:38 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
So going back to his cup win is too far too judge? What's your time frame? Coaching the flyers to a 2010 cup finals berth with a 3-0 series deficit overcame? Is that going to far back? What about last year taking a complete retooled team and making them very competitive, helping develop young players like schenn, read, and couturier.... Putting them in positions to have success. With that roster turnover he did an outstanding job.... Do you wanna judge him on the last few games is that recent enough? 4-1-1 is pretty decent....

And saying that he has won a cup isn't an excuse, it's a statement!
sa cyred pretty much explained what I meant. And like I mentioned, I'm not even advocating for firing him, all I'm saying is him winning a Cup should have absolutely no influence on Holmgren's decision on whether to look for a new coach or not. Such a thing might have influence when hiring new coaches, but not when one has been with the team for a long time.

You're also quick to say there's no better coach he could be replaced by. That's quite a statement! Just because your scope seems to be limited to current and former NHL coaches doesn't mean that the statement is actually true, as well. Personally, I don't know better coaches, but I have a feeling that with the amount of coaches out there there's bound to be a couple that would fare better with this team. But I'm not an expert on coaching, so what do I know.