Thread: Post-Game Talk: NYI @ NYR post game report
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Islander Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Eric Boulton played 6 shifts and logged 1:37 of Ice time. he took 2 penalties and had 7 PIM. He gets a +1

I do not like this system
In the case of Eric Boulton, his lack of presence on the ice is kind of the reason of limited scoring. If I remember well, he got a +1 for his fight after the Islanders were trailing early, another +1 for a very nice breakout pass he completed which almost caused a breakaway (this was very surprising since I didn't know he was even capable of making these kind of plays..) and he got a -1 for his 2 minute minor penalty.

Although I agree his +1 doesn't really mean anything in his situation, I think it's kind of flawed when a player only goes on the ice for like 4 shifts in the whole game so you shouldn't read too much into this one. In other words, he wasn't penalized for not being played and you can also see that a +1 rating is not really good either by comparing to most other players, since most players manage to get more points the more they play (which makes sense, as more "good" plays are made than "bad" plays)

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote