View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 04:18 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I'm sorry this is going to sound severely stupid and for that I apologize but I know how old Selanne is but it doesn't seem like anyone is penciling him in at any facet. Anyone know what that is? I'm assuming someone does, sorry for my ignorance.
Well, it's a possibility that Selänne and Saku Koivu are in chosen to the Olympic team. And I would have them gladly if they play next year like they are playing now (certainly an improvement over some of these guys that are put into lineups). I'm going to give it a try:

V.Filppula-M.Koivu.-T.Ruutu
Korpikoski-S.Koivu-Selänne
J.Jokinen-O.Jokinen-Mi.Granlund
Komarov-Kontiola-Bergenheim

Mikko is the clear 1st center but his wingers could chance but I expect one of Filppula and Ruutu to be with him. Other possibilities are Granlund and Jokinen really, Korpikoski too if there are some injuries.

2nd line should have the old guys with some workhorse like Korpikoski who can also score. 3rd line could be an offensive or defensive type of line. I really hope that OJ wants to play for Finland, he would make the center depth better. I can see Ruutu on the wing instead of Granlund if the latter plays better on the top line.

There are a bunch of players who could get to 4th line, only Komarov is a clear lock but he could be on some other line. Kontiola was great in last WC and someone like Joensuu, Hartikainen, Petrell could take Bergenheim's spot. Barkov, Kapanen, Lehterä can be considered for the center role.

Goalkeeping should be fine. Defence worries me the most, Salo and Timonen are good but old, Lydman is ok but he sometimes overtries and it leads to mistakes. Pitkänen is ok too, not great. Väänänen is a lock for bottom pairing. Then there are a bunch of young promising defencemen: Vatanen, Rissanen, Ristolainen, Määttä, Pokka... Can they be trusted in the Olympics already?