View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 05:41 AM
revolverjgw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
Well, i kind of like that it is 1 game elimination. Gives more chance to other teams to win it.

How come you don't care about the Olympics? The ultimate games for NT. Best and most passionate hockey for me.

(Excluding the SCF's but my team rarely gets there.)
I enjoy the hockey but I don't use the results as some sort of gauge of "the state of Canadian hockey", or American or Russian or whatever. The results are all but meaningless to me because of how random hockey can be in such a small sample size, plus throwing together 20 random guys for a couple weeks makes it feel even less substantial. A bunch of 7 game
series' isn't perfect either but it's more of an equalizer and I feel like something has actually been proven by a real team that grows together.

But I do enjoy Olympic hockey anyway, it's intense and inherently exciting because of the insane skill level, sense of tradition, and novelty of the opportunity for the players. And if Canada wins or a rival loses of course I'm gonna revel on the posturing. But its just dumb fun for me rather than real pride.