View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
Methodology is also important to me. The win is the only important thing during a game, but if its won during a shootout I tend to feel pretty ambivalent about it. The Habs beat the Lightning the other night, but it didn't FEEL like a win because of how they did it. They proved nothing to me with that cheap shootout win after blowing a lead.

Not that I'm saying the Olympics is meaningless, but it's the same general idea. I don't care single elimination because it never convinces me that this team is better than that one (and god forbid the gold is won in a shootout... now THAT would feel cheesy). I'm a biased North American though, international tournaments are not my thing.
All right i can accept that. In my book it's the score that means everything, however you get it. You (hopefully) play by the rules and see who gets the most goals. But somehow i can relate, since my fantasy team the other night lost Erik Karlsson which i dont feel very good about, but i think i ended up deciding on that injuries happens, i will find a way!