View Single Post
Old
02-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

vCash: 500
Garth Snow vs. Wang - blame thread

In reading the various threads, I'm wondering: How many of us out there think that Garth Snow is the reason for the low budget type moves, the waiver pick ups, etc. and the generally poor on-ice performance? Is there a significant number of fans who think that Garth Snow would prefer to do his job on the cheap? While I'm not suggesting that Snow deserves a pass for all of his moves, I am suggesting that the clear number 1 problem the Islanders have is Wang with respect to all personnel moves. I suggest this because we all know that an established GM (N. Smith) wouldn't/didn't stay with the team when he learned of "others" (read: Wang's) amateur involvement in his potential GM duties.

This is how I'd allocate blame for the players personnel, and their performance, we have:
1. Wang -70%
2. Snow - 15%
3. Cap & Staff - 10%
4. the players - 5%

This is a HORRID situation. On a normal team, the players' responsibility would be a LOT higher because they'd theoretically be put in a better position to succeed. Same goes for the coach, and same again for the GM...

Success or failure of the on ice product, and blame or praise should be allocated more like this (on a successful team):

1. Owner - 20%
2. GM - 25%
3. Coach - 25%
4. the players - 30%

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote